Overnight oatmeal with raisons is ideal for an easy healthy breakfast. It is incredibly nutritious for a fresh morning recipe.
why is oats?
First of all oats are incredibly nutritious with its vitamins and minerals such as iron, Zinc and magnesium. It also known as a great source for protein. It can be a good meal after a tiring exercise. It is good for a healthy breakfast.
What are overnight oatmeals?
Overnight oats is a no-cooking method of making oatmeal. Instead of cooking the oatmeals on the stovetop, or in the microwave or even in the oven, you soak the raw oats with milk. when you soak you oats, this process allows the oats to absorb the liquid and then to soften them enough to eat uncooked. You only have to soak the oats and leave them rest in the refrigerator foe at least 2 hours. But, for the best results, you soak the oats overnight . . . hence the name overnight oats came from.
Tips for making the best overnight oats:
warm oats in microwave:
Even it overnight is served cold, but you can warm it in the microwave for warmer oats. It is definitely better in the winter days or cold weathers. You just put the oatmeals in the microwave for one minute, then garnish it with whatever you like.
Use plain old fashioned rolled oats, not quick oats
Old fashioned rolled oats id the best to make the overnight oats. Unlike the quick oats which get too soggy when soaking the milk. The old oats soak the milk without becoming too soggy or even no soften enough in the milk
Here is the recipe, hope you like it:
Cook Time : 5 minutes.
Serving: 1 Person.
- 3 tbsp rolled old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of milk – 250 ml.
- 30 gram raisins.
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice – honey.
- 1 banana.
- 20 gram grapes
- Put the milk in a jar for the best result, but I prefer to put in a deep dash.
- Add the rolled oats into the milk with the raisons.
- Then add the sweetener you like, I prefer to add honey.
- Leave the mixture tp soak the milk in the refrigerator for at least two hours, but it is better to leave it for a whole night.
- Garnish with banana and grapes.
- You can sprinkle cinnamon for more strong taste – optional.
- It is better to leave the oats for a whole night for best results.
- Use old fashioned roll oats as it is the best in soaking the milk without getting too soggy.
- You can garnish it with any kinds of fruits you prefer.
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.